HTML5 is the latest evolution of standards that defines HTML. The term represents two different concepts. It is a new version of the language HTML, with new elements, attributes, and behaviors, and a broader set of technologies that allows the building of more diverse and influential Web sites and applications. This set is sometimes called HTML5 & companions often shortened to just HTML5.
They are outlined to be fit for use by all Open Web developers, this mention of page links to many resources about HTML5 technologies, categorized into several groups based on their functionality.
- Semantics: allowing you to describe more precisely what your content is.
- Connectivity: allowing you to communicate with the server in new and innovative ways.
- Offline and storage: allowing webpages to store data on the client-side locally and operate offline more efficiently.
- Multimedia: making video and audio first-class citizens in the Open Web.
- 2D/3D graphics and effects: allowing a much more diverse range of presentation options.
- Performance and integration: providing more significant speed optimization and better usage of computer hardware.
- Device access: allowing for the usage of various input and output devices.
- Styling: letting authors write sophisticated themes.